SmarTire for Commercial Vehicles
The commercial trucking industry is fiercely competitive. With the rising price of fuel and the pressures of a global economy, reducing costs to increase profit margins is always in the forefront of a fleet managerŐs mind. How can your fleet improve efficiency and reduce operating costs?
SmartWave is a new wireless sensing platform designed to help fleets operate more cost effectively and safely than ever before. The system creates a wireless network around a vehicle allowing different sensing and communication technologies to seamlessly interact. Industrially designed for the rugged needs of commercial trucks, busses, and off-highway equipment, the first application on the SmartWave platform is SmarTire's industry proven active tire pressure and temperature monitoring system.
Application 01: Active Tire Pressure & Temperature Monitoring
The SmartWave active tire pressure and temperature monitoring system simplifies and automates a fleet's tire maintenance process resulting in an overall reduction of fleet operating costs. At the push of a button on the dash mounted display or wireless hand tool, the system provides accurate, real-time tire pressure and temperature information. With SmartWave on board, drivers on the road and maintenance personnel in the yard will be able to easily maintain accurate tire pressures for each vehicle in their fleet.
Why SmartWave TPMS?
Though maintaining accurate tire pressure for every tire on possibly hundreds of fleet vehicles can be a challenge, proper tire maintenance can have a significant impact on your bottom line. After all:
- Only 44% of all truck tires are within 5 psi of their target inflation
- 90% of all tire failures are a result of tire under-inflation
- Almost half of all emergency roadside assistance calls are a result of tire failure
- 20% under-inflation reduces carcass life by 30%
- 20% under-inflation reduces tread life by 25%
- 20% under-inflation reduces fuel mileage by 2%
Properly inflated tires will provide you with:
- Longer tread life
- Longer tire carcass life and additional retreads
- Improved fuel economy
- Less vehicle downtime
- Improved vehicle and driver safety