Features & Benefits
SmartWave TPMS Features
- Provides early warning of pressure loss before tire is damaged.
- Temperature compensation provides highly accurate pressure deviation readings.
- Simple installation, setup and configuration.
- Robust, weatherproof components tested and proven in the harshest environmental conditions.
- Interfaces with standard diagnostic tools and on-board communications protocols (J1939 Interface).
- Can be installed at any point in the vehicle's life.
- Display options range from simple warning light to full tire pressure/temperature information, highlighting wheel position.
With SmartWave on board, fleet mangers and owner operators alike will benefit from:
- Improved Tire Carcass Life and Tread Life
With as little as 20% under-inflation, tire carcass life is reduced by 30% and tire tread life is reduced by 25%. When tires are maintained at an accurate inflation value, their tread will last longer and their carcass will accommodate more retreads.
- Reduced Maintenance Costs & Downtime
Statistics show that 90% of all tire failures are a result of under-inflation and almost 50% of all fleet emergency road-side assistance calls are attributed to tires. Accurate and consistent tire inflation can significantly reduce vehicle downtime and overall fleet maintenance costs.
- Improved Fuel Economy
Tires operated at 20% under-inflation will reduce a vehicle's fuel mileage by 2%. Considering that 56% of all commercial truck tires are under-inflated and that the combined mileage of a commercial fleet is millions of miles per year, a 2% fuel savings represents a significant cost savings to any fleet's bottom line.
- Improved Dual Wheel Assembly Performance
When one tire of a dual wheel assembly has a lower inflation pressure than the other, its circumference is smaller than the tire next to it resulting in improper axle weight distribution and wheel drag. This condition rapidly generates heat that destroys the tire's integrity and creates the environment for catastrophic tire failures and tire fires. Proper dual wheel inflation will result in better tire life and a safer trip for the driver, vehicle, and cargo.