SmarTire for Off-Highway
Off-Highway equipment can be expensive to operate and maintain. A tire failure in the field is far more expensive than the simple cost of a replacement tire when down-time is considered and tire fires always end in disaster. Regular tire maintenance can greatly reduce vehicle operating costs but it too is time consuming and costly.
SmartWave is a new wireless sensing platform designed to help off-highway vehicles operate more cost effectively and safely than ever before. The system creates a wireless network around a vehicle allowing different sensing and communication technologies to seamlessly interact. Industrially designed for the harsh operating environments and rugged needs of off-highway equipment, the first application on the SmartWave platform is SmarTire's industry proven active tire pressure and temperature monitoring system.
Application 01: Active Tire Pressure & Temperature Monitoring
The SmartWave active tire pressure and temperature monitoring system simplifies and automates the tire maintenance process for industrial class equipment resulting in an overall reduction in vehicle operating costs. At the push of a button on the dash mounted display or wireless hand tool, the system provides accurate, real-time tire pressure and temperature information. With SmartWave on board, drivers in the field and maintenance personnel in the yard will be able to easily maintain accurate tire pressures for each vehicle in their fleet.
Why SmartWave TPMS?
Proper tire maintenance can have a significant impact on your bottom line. After all:
- Only 44% of all off-highway vehicle tires are within 5 psi of their target inflation,
- 90% of all tire failures are a result of tire under-inflation,
- Almost half of all emergency roadside assistance calls are a result of tire failure,
- 20% under-inflation reduces carcass life by 30%,
- 20% under-inflation reduces tread life by 25%,
- 20% under-inflation reduces fuel mileage by 2%.
Properly inflated tires will provide you with:
- Longer tire carcass life and additional retreads,
- Longer tread life,
- Less vehicle downtime,
- Reduced maintenance costs,
- Improved fuel economy,
- Improved vehicle and driver safety.