How Does SmartWave TPMS Work?
- The SmartWave Wireless Gateway receiver creates a wireless bubble around a vehicle allowing various sensing technologies to seamlessly interact.
- Tire sensors mounted on each wheel measure tire pressure and temperature every 12 seconds and wirelessly transmit tire data every three to five minutes.
- Preconfigured to receive the coded tire data, the wireless gateway can monitor up to 20 wheel positions and is able to handle the most complex commercial and off-the-road vehicle configurations.
- Real-time tire pressure and temperature information is available to the driver on demand via the SmartWave display. Ranging from a simple warning light to an easy to read and simple to use interactive gauge that provides real-time tire status information, the SmartWave display will alert the driver to a low pressure or high temperature condition before it becomes dangerous.
- SmartWave's universal hand tool acts like an 'electronic billy-club' allowing maintenance personnel to wirelessly 'ping' a tire to measure its real-time tire pressure. The SmartWave hand tool improves inflation accuracy and reduces diagnostic time in order to keep every tire rolling cost effectively.
This data can then be used to:
- Alert the driver of a loss of air pressure or of a dangerously high tire temperature
- Provide inflation information to maintenance personnel to ensure optimum operating conditions
- Reduce overall vehicle operating costs and safety risks